Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Typical Day for Me

I just got done running my 2 miles and feeding my baby so I thought I'd sit down and type out a typical day for me. This is just what has worked for me and I don't expect anyone to like it or think it will work for them too. I think how you lose weight is totally genetic.
I eat about every 2 hours. My cousin has a weight loss clinic and says it's important to not let your body get hungry because your metabolism slows down and you store. I really like food and I don't want to go with out my favorite things so I just find a healthier way to have them. If I over do it one day I can always do better the next.

Breakfast:
I eat breakfast somewhere between 8:00 and 9:00am
I have either Oatmeal with a little brown sugar and some fat free milk, otherwise it's yucky. Or an egg with cheese, homemade whole wheat toast, and 3 slices of turkey bacon.

Snack:
Two hours later I have a snack. Like nature valley crunchy granola bars and string cheese or an apple with peanut butter. Yogurt mixed with cottage cheese is a good one too.

Lunch:
I love salads and Wraps!
Salad: I'll do either baby spinach or dark, leafy greens with a whole cucumber, 1/4 cup cottage cheese and a can of tuna. Salt and pepper it with a little fat free Italian dressing. Stir it all up together in a bowl and eat. I always do different veggies and meats in the salads so they never get old.
Wraps: I get the spinach wrap thing, spread a little bit of cream cheese on it or one slice of provolone, 6 slices of my favorite meat, tomato, romaine lettuce and a tiny bit of honey mustard.

Snack:
see above

Dinner:
I make sure to pick what protein I'm eating first then plan my veggies and carbs accordingly. Here's 5 dinners I ate last week:
Tilapia, steamed veggies and cous cous
Chicken stir-fry
Taco salad (no chips) just lots of ground turkey, cheese, romaine lettuce, tomato and a little sour cream
Homemade pizza on whole wheat crust with lots of veggies and turkey pepperoni.
Sloppy Joes with half a whole wheat bun and carrots and celery.

Snack:
I eat about an hour before I go to bed. String cheese, cottage cheese, a couple slices of sandwich meat, or a spoonful of peanut butter. Sometimes I'll just have a glass of chocolate milk.

A major thing for me is that I very rarely have a soda. I'm talking like once a month maybe. I drink LOTS of water. At least 24 oz every time I eat something. It fills you up and cleans you out.

I start working at 10:00 everyday so if I don't get my 20 minutes of exercise in before then I have to wear exercise clothes til 3:00 when I'm done working. My daily exercises are either Zumba, Denise Austin, Tae Bo, Jillian Michaels or walking around the block. At night I run two miles or do an exercise I didn't do during the day. I try to mix everything up and not do the same thing twice in a week except for running. I always run. And I exercise twice a day. My body is old and needs more of a work out to keep my metabolism going. Plus I know I'm gonna mess up so extra exercise is good for me.
That's about it. Didn't really change what I was already doing a bunch, just made myself more conscious of my exercise and eating habits.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this! It gives me an idea of what I need to do. I really need to cut out the soda. THAT is my major problem. I loves me a good Pepsi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can cut out the soda, it will REALLY help! My 6lbs from last week probably added up to all the sodas I didn't drink!

      Delete
  2. Haha, I know what you mean. My hubs loves Mt. Dew. He tried to quit cold turkey and got really grouchy and went back to his old habits. He slowly weened himself off and started dropping weight right away.
    I've never been a big soda drinker so it's not a problem for me but I understand how it can be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is a delicious looking meal plan, my sister is the same way, eats every 2 hours and balances out her carbs and proteins, always more protein than carbs, but dang what you are doing definitely worked for you last week, way to rock it Koi!

    ReplyDelete